Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail & Thin Client
The Internet of Things (IoT) has created opportunity for device OEMs, but it has also introduced more pressure innovate,
added complexity to their business models, and raised the bar on creating secure, connected devices. Windows 10 IoT Enterprise
brings a the full Windows experience to embedded devices, enabling OEMs to quickly create high-performance devices that deliver
a familiar and secure experience to their customers.
Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail is a full version of Windows 10 that powers a range of industry devices across retail, manufacturing,
health, government and other industries. Windows 10 IoT devices run powerful line of business applications and perform specialized
functions in a secure, reliable, and streamlined way to meet mission-critical industry demands.
IoT Enterprise runs on 32-bit and 64-bit x86 chipsets with support for Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps as well as Classic
Windows (e.g. Win32 and .NET) applications.
IoT Enterprise provides advanced device lockdown capabilities to enable industry-specific device scenarios including:
- Retail POS
- Digital Signage/Kiosk
- Thin Clients
One Windows Platform
Shorten time to market and reduce development & support costs by investing in one Windows platform that scales across devices:
• One common toolset, one common app platform, and one common deployment, management, and servicing system allows your customers to easily integrate Windows 10 IoT into their existing environment.
• Natural and personal user experience simplifies device operation and reduces your customer’s learning curve.
Meet your customer’s needs for a more secured industry device with Windows’ Enterprise-grade security capabilities and advanced lockdown:
• Enterprise-grade security ensures the device and the data that the device collects and manages are protected from the next generation of threats, ensures secure connection to the network and thwarts unauthorized access, and provides advanced malware threat resistance by ensuring that only certified apps run on the device.
• Windows 10 allows OEMs to lock devices down with business-specific applications and ensures that the device functions and is used as intended.
Exceed your customer expectation with an industry device that uses industry standards to connect with other devices as well as industry-specific peripherals and low-level hardware:
• Access barcode scanners, magnetic stripe readers, receipt printers, and cash drawers from Universal Windows apps.
• APIs allow easy access and integration of sensors and devices over a variety of busses: GPIO, I2C, SPI and easy access to custom hardware.
New in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail
What’s New in Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail
Full version of Windows 10 Enterprise Retail with advanced lockdown capabilities powering a range of industry devices across industrial automation, retail, manufacturing, health, government or any other industries.
Versions in release: Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail
Activation: Online deferred = Activation is present but optional
Embedded Enabling Features: Unified Write Filter, Embedded Boot Experience and Log-on, Shell Launcher
Tools: Converged tools: ADK (Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit) + ICD (Windows Image Configuration Designer)
Management & Servicing: MDM System Center
Security: Device Guard, Windows Hello and Passport
App Platform: UWP, Classic Windows Applications
Industry Peripheral Support: Additional Peripheral Support from UWP apps POS for.NET, Direct access to hardware busses from UWP
Lifecycle: 5 year mainstream support + 5 year extended support = 10 years
In fact, it's the standard Windows 10 IoT Enterprise Retail installation DVD and you can install after the installation the embedded features over "add Windows features" the control panel.