Windows XP Professional (Win Embedded Enterprise)
Windows® XP Professional for Embedded Systems is an embedded version of the Classic XP Pro desktop OS, and is available for fixed-function or dedicated systems.
It is designed for devices that have a strict need for Microsoft Windows XP Professional application compatibility and where reduced footprint is not a primary design requirement.
Unlike Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP Professional with Embedded Restrictions is not a componentized version of the Windows OS and an OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) is needed to produce the OS image. Therefore, the OS image size is not as customizable.
Windows XP Professional Key Features
- The same full Operating System as XP Professional OEM version
- Language Independent Licensing – Multi User Interface (MUI) Language OPK
- Online Activation Disabled – for customers whose usage is 1k and above, activation can be disabled via an application to Microsoft
- Long Lifetime Support – support at least until 2016
- Availabiliy of version SP2c and SP3
As you may know, Microsoft has announced end-of-life for the Windows XP Pro product range. However, Silica is able to provide extended licensing and support at least until 2016, 2020 respectively.
Windows XP Professional End-of-Life
|Product Name||Retail Channel||Systembuilder||Direct OEM||Embedded Channel|
|Windows XP Professional||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||31.12.2016|
|Windows XP Professional 64-Bit||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||25.04.2020|
|Windows XP Home Edition||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||not available|
|Windows XP Tablet/Media Center||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||not available|