Cookie statement for www.msembedded.biz
The following is a list of the cookies set by the main SILICA sites and the purpose for which each cookie is used.
|s_vi||This cookie determines Unique visitor ID time/date stamp.||Persistent||SiteCatalyst™|
2 years from set/update
30 mins from set/update
Not used in ga.js. Set for interoperability with urchin.js. Historically, this cookie operated in conjunction with the __utmb cookie to determine whether the user was in a new session/visit.
End of browser session
6 months from set/update
Third Party cookies employed by Avnet
Some 3rd party cookies are set by services that appear on our pages. They are set by the operators of that service and are not in our control. Please note that some Services may not function properly if you disable cookies.
If you would like more information about the cookies used by these suppliers, please see their individual privacy policies.
1. Google Maps
SILICA uses Google Maps. These cookies are used to retain user´s map viewing preferences.
How do I change Cookie settings?
In case you would like to keep your browsing private or delete cookies stored on your computer, you can set your preferences in the Settings/Options feature on the browser you are using in your local computing device. To illustrate the process we offer two example below with Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox.
- Click on Tools at the top of the screen
- Select Internet Options
- Click on the privacy tab
- Select Advanced Privacy Settings
- Select the Override automatic cookie handling option
- Choose how cookies are handled
- Click the OK button
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button (Tools menu in Windows XP) and then click Options
- Select the Privacy panel
- Set Firefox will: to Use custom settings for history
- Check mark Accept cookies from sites to enable Cookies, and uncheck it to disable them.
- If you are troubleshooting problems with cookies, make sure Accept third party cookies is also check marked. For more information, see Disable third-party cookies in Firefox to stop some types of tracking by advertisers.
- Choose how long cookies are allowed to be stored
- Keep until: they expire: Each cookie will be removed when it reaches its expiration date, which is set by the site that sent the cookie
- Keep until: I close Firefox: The cookies that are stored on your computer will be removed when Firefox is closed.
- Keep until: ask me every time: Displays an alert every time a website tries to send a cookie, and asks you whether or not you want to store it.
- Click OK to close the Options window
More information can be found here: http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences