Windows® XP Professional for Embedded Systems is an embedded version of the Classic XP Pro desktop OS, and is available for fixed-function or dedicated systems.
It is designed for devices that have a strict need for Microsoft Windows XP Professional application compatibility and where reduced footprint is not a primary design requirement.
Unlike Microsoft Windows XP Embedded, Windows XP Professional with Embedded Restrictions is not a componentized version of the Windows OS and an OEM Preinstallation Kit (OPK) is needed to produce the OS image. Therefore, the OS image size is not as customizable.
- The same full Operating System as XP Professional OEM version
- Language Independent Licensing – Multi User Interface (MUI) Language OPK
- Online Activation Disabled – for customers whose usage is 1k and above, activation can be disabled via an application to Microsoft
- Long Lifetime Support – support at least until 2016
- Availabiliy of version SP2c and SP3
As you may know, Microsoft has announced end-of-life for the Windows XP Pro product range. However, Silica is able to provide extended licensing and support at least until 2016, 2020 respectively.
|Product Name||Retail Channel||Systembuilder||Direct OEM||Embedded Channel|
|Windows XP Professional||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||31.12.2016|
|Windows XP Professional 64-Bit||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||25.04.2020|
|Windows XP Home Edition||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||not available|
|Windows XP Tablet/Media Center||30.06.2008||31.01.2009||30.06.2008||not available|
Since Windows XP Professional 32bit reached EOL, the only option to use a Windows XP based Operating System is Windows Embedded Standard 2009.