Windows Embedded OEM Customer License Agreement
The Microsoft OEM Customer License Agreement for Embedded Systems (OEM CLA) is required for all Microsoft products purchased through the Embedded Distribution channel.
MS Authorized Embedded Distributors (Avnet Silica) facilitate the licensing process between the Embedded OEM Customer and Microsoft Ireland Operations Limited (MIOL). The OEM CLA includes the general terms and conditions that govern the licensing of Microsoft Embedded Products.
Embedded OEM Customers obtain an electronic OEM CLA form from Avnet Silica as a link per E-Mail. Click the link in the e-mail and fill in and submit the CLA electronically. You will then get an eDocuSign request back from Microsoft to electronically sign the OEM agreement. Once Microsoft electronically countersigns the OEM CLA, you as an Embedded OEM Customer may order runtime licenses through Avnet Silica. The text of the CLA, can be requested as a .PDF on the right side of this page.
If you have a third party installer (TPI or an Outsource Manufacturer), please nominate this company as an "Outsource Manufacturer" (OM) in the additional right agreement (ARA) inside the CLA form. An Outsource Manufacturer can buy the licenses and install the images on your behalf.
You can nominate a "3rd Party Integrator" (TPI) as well. A TPI can develop the operating system image and software solution for you.
The same company can be nominated for both roles. The OEM Customer License Agreement (OEM CLA) normally remains valid for two years. Microsoft generally contacts OEM customers 45 days prior to their OEM CLA expiration date per e-mail. Your Avnet Silica representative will contact you as well.
There is only one OEM CLA covering all Embedded products.
How to sign the Windows Embedded eCLA
Request the eCLA link from your local Avnet Silica representative or from: microsoft(at)avnet(dot)eu.
Avnet Silica will then enter your contact details into a Microsoft online tool and Microsoft will send you an e-mail with a link to the eCLA.
Click on the link in the e-mail from Microsoft.
The eCLA form will open in a new browser window.
Fill in the eCLA online. All fields marked with "*" are mandatory.
- "A company organized under the laws of" must be answered with a country name, i.e. "Germany"
- Please use an English job title and not an academic title.
- Primary contact may be a technical contact or a project manager who gets all the Microsoft information
- Normally, the Company Ship to Information is the same as Company Information. The ship to address is important for the OPK (installation media) shipments. Microsoft can only ship OPKs to this address.
- Don't forget to choose a Device Category from the drop-down menu in the section "Embedded System Device Information"
- If you work with a 3rd Party INSTALLER/Outsource Manufacturer, please add an "Outsource Manufacturer" (OM) in the appropriate part of the CLA. An OM can buy and/or install the licenses for the OEM.
- If you have a 3rd Party INTEGRATOR, please add a "3rd Party Integrator" (TPI) in the matching section of the agreement. A TPI can develop the operating system image for you as the OEM.
When finished, save and submit the eCLA form.
If something was filled in incorrectly, you will get a notification to correct the fields.
When all fields are ok, the eCLA will be sent to Microsoft.
Microsoft reviews the OEM data and will send an e-mail direct to the "Authorized Representative" including the eDocuSign link to sign the eCLA electronically. Please note, that you can redirect the link in the eDocuSign request to another internal person to sign the agreement.
To sign the CLA with the eDocuSign process, you just need to add your name, accept the Terms & Conditions and then submit.
Once accepted, Microsoft will send you an eDocuSign e-mail with a carbon copy of the agreement.
You can print or save this copy for your records.
Congratulations: You are now an Embedded OEM and allowed to buy and use Microsoft Embedded Licenses under the Embedded OEM License Terms.
If you have questions about this workflow, please contact the local
Avnet Silica office or directly:
Martin Grossen, eMVP
Franchise Manager Microsoft
Avnet EMG, Avnet Silica
CH - 4852 Rothrist
Tel: +41 79 444 74 19
Product Specialist Microsoft
Avnet EMG, Avnet Silica
Gruber Strasse 60c-60d,
Tel: +49 8121 777 334